Happy New Year greeting card with bold script lettering over hand drawn fireworks background. Hi res jpeg included. Scroll down to see more of my designs linked below.
Every January gyms are flooded with new members excited to challenge themselves, lose weight and begin a new lifestyle. A very high percentage of these newcomers will end up giving up shortly after beginning and falling short of their goals mostly because they have set unrealistic goals for themselves, but also because they don’t have a plan.
This year, don’t fall victim to unrealistic New Year Resolutions. Try these 5 tips to help you succeed and reach your goals this year.
- Have a plan. Make a workout plan for each day of the week so that you know which days you’re going to work out and which body parts your will train on those days. Plan out your meals too. If you meal prep for the day or even the week, you’ll have less chance to fail because your meals will be ready to eat.
- Have a buddy to go to the gym with you. If you can find a friend or family member to go to the gym with you, you can both keep each other in check. If you are supposed to meet someone for a workout, you will have obligation on your side to push you out of the door.
- Set realistic goals for yourself. Create small goals to hit and when you destroy those, create another one. Reaching these small goals will keep you motivated and keep your confidence growing. This is important, especially if you’re just starting out on your fitness journey.
- Practice patience during this new process. You may not see the results you’re looking for right away or you may see fast results due to the shock your body is experiencing and then you plateau for a while, but either way you need to know that if you’re putting in the work, the results will come. You have to keep in mind that you have made changes in your diet and that you are exercising and every habit change made, means a chance for a change in your body.
- Ask for help if you need it. If you find yourself not knowing how to use equipment, what to eat or where to even begin making changes and setting goals, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Nobody can do it alone. You can always learn something new in nutrition and fitness. Sometimes the smallest changes in movements or in your diet can make a big difference.